Have you ever been too scared to move? Have you ever really experienced paralysis of a limb or limbs? What about having so much to do you can’t even begin? This week I experienced the last.
I have experienced the fear thing. Once as a kid a big dog got loose ran straight for me. I stopped, my hand went up to my mouth, turned palm out, and I screamed. The owner got hold of the dog before he took a piece out of me, but it was an Adrenalin rush for sure. (One of my memories of this incident was I thought, “Wow, I did just what people in movies do, with my hand up in front of my mouth palm out.” Guess I’ve always been a bit over-dramatic.) 😊
When I woke up after my ankle surgery, I couldn’t bend my toes. No matter how hard I concentrated, the idea in my head didn’t travel to my toes. Over time, that changed, though still today, the toes on my right foot don’t bend the same way the ones on my left foot do.
Okay, that was quite a digression from what I intended to write about, which is having so much to do, your brain is paralyzed and can’t figure out what to do first.
I remember one time when our younger daughter was supposed to be packing to get ready to leave for college. When I walked into her bedroom to see how she was doing, I found her sitting in the middle of piles of clothes and stuff, doing nothing, just staring. Stressed out and overwhelmed with the task ahead for her.
That’s the way I was on Monday of this week. Too many things to do and everything needed to be done right then, which of course it can’t be. Here’s a short list:
- *Write a post for the Tuesday Sisterhood of Suspense blog.
- *Finish the Power Point for the TCU Silver Frogs course, “Indie Publishing! Who? Me?”
- *Update my website with latest book (and oh my, I discovered a bunch of missing book links!)
- *In doing the website, I found I hadn’t uploaded all my books correctly to KOBO.
- *Work on two presentations for the Same Page Book Festival in Decatur Sept. 30.
- *Get books and swag ready for the Book Signing.
- *Fixing the Sale sheets for this year for all my print books.
- *Write the post for the Thursday Blog (this one. 🙂 )
- *All the regular stuff we do to keep our home working (like grocery shopping, washing, watering the yard).
- *And fit in some exercise, at the very least my 10 K steps every day.