I have a good author friend Kathryn Jane who writes a gratitude post every day on Facebook. (You should really follow her. I copy some of her stuff and share on my FB, but she’s really great as a person and as an author.) Sometimes it’s for big things: they saved one of the feral cats she helps. Sometimes it’s for small: the flight of geese overhead. She always lists several things and inspires me to be more grateful for my pretty wonderful life.
In an earlier post, I bemoaned how busy I am this month. And I’m still that busy, running from one event to another, breathless. But I want to take a few moments and celebrate the things I’m grateful for.
- That I have my health, so I can run around like mad.
- That I live on this beautiful lake that blesses me every single day with the gorgeousness of a glass-like surface, crashing waves, and the critters who fly over and swim on top. Majestic Pelicans & Cormorants
- Charley who gets me out to walk every day that it’s not raining. 😊
- My church that has given me lots of opportunities to learn and grow, and that we’re nearing the time we can move into our new building.Remodeling almost complete.
- That my husband supports me in my writing, so I can write an publish.A number of years ago in Maine. 🙂
- It almost goes without saying but shouldn’t. My family who live near and like us.
- This country with all it’s flaws. We still get to choose our leaders. How important this opportunity is! Get educated and vote your conscience. Not doing that, gives all your power to others.
- My friends who love and put up with and support me.
- That I can teach a class for the TCU Silver Frogs and maybe help folks.
- Noom that is helping me lose weight and live a healthier life. 25 pounds down now. (I will do a post on this in the future.)
- And that next month, I’ll be able to focus on the WIP, because I’ve got to finish it. 😊
- And I could go on…..:)
So what about you? Can you come up with a short list of things you’re grateful for? Do you practice gratitude the way my friend Kathryn does? Love to hear from you.
Happy Valentines to you all. If you’re in the DFW metroplex, I hope you will consider stopping by Haltom City Public Library for our Night of Romance. Great books, authors, prizes, fun, and chocolate fountains!
I will have copies of all my books.
Please sign up for my Newsletter and Blog on https://authormarsharwest.wordpress.com/
Contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org , and follow me on my social media sites. https://www.facebook.com/?ref=tn_tnmn