Can you believe it? The older I get the faster time flies. Well, that just means we have to work more quickly to get everything done we want to. I’m getting off to a slower start than I’d hoped. Still have a tad bit of the sinus infection left, which makes me a bit tired. And let’s confess here: I got spoiled while I was really sick. Just sitting around all day binging on Hallmark movies and HGTV wasn’t all bad. I’d watch a bit a doze a bit. I also really fell off the wagon—food wise. Sugar cookies, fudge, and chocolate milk shakes were prescribed to make me feel better. Weren’t they? LOL
My goal and expectation was to begin Book 11 before the end of 2022. That’s what I did last year. I began book 10 (VULNERABLE) on December 31, 2021. Just barely got it in and released it in December of 22. Didn’t happen this year because of being sick. And because I can’t decide what to write. I have several options and at some point I need to fish or cut bait as they say. I mean, I need to pick one of the options (or come up with something entirely different) or accept I won’t have a new book release in 2023. It takes me a year from beginning to release, so I’m already pushing the process. Decisions. Decisions.
I didn’t plan to do this but let me share my options, and you can chime in if you want.(Could not get the list in a larger font! 😦 )
- A story following up on Maddy’s four friends in VULNERABLE. Don’t know which one to focus on but that’s a possibility.
- I wrote a short story for an anthology that isn’t going to come out. The heroine returns to her high school reunion specifically to forgive the guy who raped in when she was a sophomore. She’s a recovering alcoholic. Pretty heavy duty. The short story, SURVIVED, is really good. I could just give it away, too.
- A Christmas in Granbury story. You know COMPROMISE was supposed to be a Hallmark story except for the murder on page 2. 😊 So I still have this desire to write a “real” Hallmark movie type book. But I got sick and didn’t feel like going for a research visit during the holidays. ☹
- Red River in Winter—also kind of a Christmasy type story. There was a group in Red River trying to get a Christmas script written set in the town. The project fell through, and that’s what gave me the idea.
- A children’s theatre struggles for money for a new facility. Based on the struggles of a theatre I know. There’s a theft and a murder. (Not in real life.) LOL
- Something entirely different.
But exciting things afoot:
- The print of VULNERABLE should be out later this month or the first of February. I’ve requested a proof copy. As soon as I get it and check it out, I’ll order books for locals, and it will be available to order online. Here’s what the cover looks like.
2. You can find me on NN Light’s Book Heaven and if you comment have a chance at a GC. Here’s the link: https://www.nnlightsbookheaven.com/post/compromise-bbbe
3. On January 15, you can find me on the Food For Love Blog. Here’s the link. http://j-arleneculiner.over-blog.com/2022/12/food-for-love-with-guest-author I’ll share a recipe from food found in VULNERABLE.
4. On January 16 I will present at the Arlington Woman’s Club. Haven’t done one of those in a while and I’m looking forward to going.
5. On January 23, I’ll have a Bookstagram thing from NN Light. (Confession time again: I don’t really know what Bookstagram is. Hopefully as it gets closer, I’ll have a link for you. 😊
When I sat down to write this, I didn’t think I’d have much to say, but here we are with a whole long post. LOL Maybe that’s what I need to do with this next book. Sit down and type and see what happens.
Thanks for stopping by. As always I’d love to hear from you.
Blurbs for each of my books with links can be found on my website https://authormarsharwest.wordpress.com/ Where you can also sign up for my blog and my NEWSLETTER MRW Press LLC (list-manage.com)
Contact me at email@example.com , and follow me on…
(20+) Marsha Riegert West | Facebook
Amazon.com: Marsha R. West: Books, Biography, Blog, Audiobooks, Kindle
Happy New Year, Marsha! I hope you feel much better soon.
I’m still trying to figure out the plot of my next mystery or if I am even going to write another. I’m trying to think of something that would be more off-the-wall with dry humor and fun to write with my favorite characters. And I’ve been trying to figure out what I want to do now and in the future.
I would love to read a Christmas book that you write. That would be enjoyable. You really write good mystery!!
LikeLiked by 1 person
Hey, Susan. When I wrote the series, I knew what each of the next books would be. And I felt good about the Red River Story and the New Hampshire story. I wrote Vulnerable because a fan really wanted to learn what happened to the brother of the heroine in TRUTH BE TOLD. Now I lack that direction. I hope you figure out what to do next. I enjoy your books and you’re a good writer. Guess we’ll have to just wait to see where the Muse takes us. Thanks for stopping by. 🙂